Intention of the Day: All the Knowledge is Already Within

Whether I am planning a practice for a class or practicing on my own, I usually find myself searching for the perfect quote that will inspire a theme or intention for the practice.  Sometimes this leaves me a bit frustrated because I find myself on a search for inspiration from another source besides what innate wisdom already lies within.  There is definitely something said to lead a class through inspiration from a sage, guru, fellow teacher, favorite author.  Always wonderful to look to others experiences and knowledge for a spark.  However, today I took my seat on my mat and decided to lead practice from what I already know...


We are born with a great amount of innate intelligence that does not have to be taught to us.  Our heart did not need to learn how to pump, our stomach did not need to learn how to digest food.  When we were babies we did not need to be told when to cry if something didn't feel right or upset us.  This exists within the entire animal kingdom as well. For instance, baby monkeys do not need to be taught to grab things with their hands and feet, they are born with this.  Cats do not need to be taught how to pounce, it is their animal instinct. 


So with this knowledge, I led my practice by tapping into the strength that is always there...the trust that my two feet will support me, the knowing that when i am in downward dog there is lots of support being on two hand and two feet.  We can trust that the body will do everything it can to protect us if we wobble or even fall out of a pose.  This body is here for us, not against us.  


The next time you step on your mat, I invite you to sit for a few moments and honor your innate knowledge that has not been taught to you.  It is the knowledge that has been with you since the day you were born.  If your inner strength, trust, compassion, beauty is not evident to you, then perhaps it has been  buried deep inside you somewhere.  It is time to dig it up and let it come to the surface. 


Everything you need is already within you my dear friends.  Now get out there and rock on with your awesome self!  


Namaste! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food for thought! How is your life’s appetite?

The Cowgirl Yoga Experience: Yeehaw and YeehAUM!

Julie's Spring/Summer Yoga Schedule