Food for thought! How is your life’s appetite?

Food for thought exercise (literally and figuratively):
How is your life's appetite and what are you hungry for? 



I started thinking of this post as I was physically hungry for food, but it inspired the question about my appetite for other aspects in life which then led me to asking myself what am I hungry for.  The physical sensation of digestive hunger is easy to take care... if you are hungry, eat. If you are satisfied, stay as you are.  If you are stuffed, then don't eat more. We can take digestive appetite with traditional food and relate that into life's cravings...

In terms of life's appetite ask yourself, "am I starving, satisfied, or stuffed?" When asking think of different aspects of your life like career, love/relationship, adventure, etc.  Perhaps you are bored with your career and starving for something new to bite into.  Or perhaps you are happy right where you are in your career and there is no need to change anything.  Or could you be stuffed to the brim with work overload or multiple jobs and if you eat one more work morsel you will burst.  You can ask yourself this for a variety of life's aspects. 

Maybe you are like me and a bit of both starving and stuffed.  Ive been feeling pretty stagnant with work and looking for a change/variation of what I do now both Disney and yoga.  Yet at the same time I work so much that I am stuffed and cant fit in anything else into my schedule.  Interesting huh! To be starving and stuffed at the same time! 

Okay so then the next step after you determine your appetite is to ask yourself, "What am I hungry for?"  Is it a career change, an adventurous trip, a new hobby, a spark in your love life, etc.  Listen to the stomach of your heart, not the "I want" of the ego. What does your heart crave? What will nourish your body, mind, soul the most?


This blog exercise will definitely wet your appetite for life.  Grab a snack and dig in (or don't if you are full)!

Awethentically Yours,
Julie  

Comments

  1. Very Well explained and informative blog click here for Stress - psychologist for counselling service and for more detail dial on 070654 17417

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Cowgirl Yoga Experience: Yeehaw and YeehAUM!

Julie's Spring/Summer Yoga Schedule