Turbulence

Turbulence


I like being in control of my life.  When I’m out of control like on an airplane and there is nothing I can do to stop the turbulence, it scares the shit out of me.  That thought of just sitting here and breathing through the movement and “bumps in the air” is one of the hardest things, yet I don’t have any other option. I cant say, “Um excuse me Mr. Pilot but can you drop me off at the next stop.” No there is absolutely nothing I can do to control the situation.  Yoga Julie is thinking to myself…yes but you can use calming breathing techniques to ease the unease, but scared Julie doesn’t want to listen to her higher self.  

In truth, whether on an airplane or on the ground there is always going to be turbulence. There are going to be frequent moments of feeling out of control, when you want the unpleasant situation to end, when all you want is a smooth flight. And then you wait and eventually you find clear skies and you feel in control.  Ahhhh so nice. Fast forward a bit  and the captain (aka God) turns on the fasten seat belt light turns on asking you to be prepared for more turbulence.  This could last a bit and maybe even the whole flight until you land safely on the ground (cue clapping from passengers).  Ya know what, after life turbulence settles perhaps we should give ourselves a standing ovation because we survived something out of our control.  

Dear reader if you are currently reading this and going through a few bumps then keep that seat belt fastened.  Trust that you will land safety soon because you will.  Thank you for flying Authentic Airlines.  

Authentically Yours,
Julie 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food for thought! How is your life’s appetite?

The Cowgirl Yoga Experience: Yeehaw and YeehAUM!

Julie's Spring/Summer Yoga Schedule